Tec

Tec took place from Friday at 9am -5:30 and Monday 9-6:30 however on the Monday a majority of us stayed till at least 7:30 for an extra line run. On these days we faced a lot of issues the main one being the staging. Transferring the show from the studio to the Grange is always difficult, our studios are half the size and we have to imagine the different levels of the set we’ll be having. As well as this some the set wasn't finished so there was still workstation around the stage so we all had to be extra careful with safety. A few days leading up to being the in the garage a few of us helped with painting the set to help the techies and there are only a few of them on the course.

We fixed the blocking issues by stop starting the dances a few times and reblocking where we all were. We also used our own common sense to spread ourselves out. Another issue we faced was the fast-paced of everything with only two days to tec the whole show with the actors we all had to work extra hard to stay focused and keep up with what was happening. The cast switched between themselves, cast one tec'ed the first act and cast two teched the second act and it was up to us to remember it all so we wouldn't have to waste time going back to recap. My job was quite easy as Glinda only has two exits and extracted at the top the stage on the left and the window on the top of the vom on the entrance near the dressing rooms. On Monday a huge issue came up where Jade Shore could come in due to health issues and I filled in for the wicked witch, we were all worried because we didn't know if she would be able to perform the following morning and we came to the decision that is that was the case either I or Reece would be standing in for the show. Thankfully this didn't have to happen, I spent most of the day trying to call jade to see what would be happening she did come in and perform her best.
One of my own issues I had the face was my diabetes an illness that I am still getting used to and managing with the help from my close friend at college. I checked my blood sugars and kept myself safe during the show. I had sweets around the theatre in case of the risk if hypos and I knew that if I needed to take myself out of the performance if worse came to worse I could do it discreetly. (look at previous post for more in-depth information on my diabetes)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vsevolod Meyerhold - Biochemical techniques.

Research